Composing a great research paper is just one part of the application process when going to college. It is also your best opportunity to stand out to the reviewers who decide on who is getting in to their institutions. Each year there are over 200 paper writing topics colleges and universities recommend for this portion of the application, however, you are also encouraged to come up with your own topics to write about. We’ve selected 15 great paper topics to consider:
- In what ways does the U.S. recruit people to join its military forces? Is there more recruiting in areas that are considered economically challenged?
- Write a college paper about an important athletic experience you have had. What impact did this have in the way you approach other things in life?
- Identify someone living or dead you would like to meet. Give reasons for wanting to meet this person as well as the impact that person has had to you.
- Discuss a favorite meal or dish you have had. Think about the circumstances or the history behind having it and who you had it with.
- What are some extracurricular activities you have participated in? Why do you think others should try the same thing at least once?
- Do you know anyone that has any kind of disabilities and how has your relationship with that person affected the way you see societal behaviors towards disabilities?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? What reasons do you have for being embarrassed? Would you still feel the same?
- How do you view the United States current system of education? Does it aim to reach to students from all races, genders, religious beliefs, and social-economics?
- What do you think will happen to the NCAA in light of so many violations beginning to be investigated as a result of the no-pay for student athletes?
- Do you still view Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, or Peyton Manning as super stars? What does it mean to be a sports star athlete in today’s world?
- What are the advantages of going to college immediately after graduating from high school? What are the disadvantages to not working instead?
- Do you think that commercialization has taken over the United States’ educational system? What does this mean exactly and how can it be fixed?
- Do you think it’s still wrong for people to make a living off of marijuana selling or dealing? Now that large companies are taking over, what does this mean to street vendors?
- Do politicians have a social responsibility to ensure they maintain clean private lives? How much has this changed in the last 20 years?
- At what point should a politician decide to resign in light of political or personal scandals? Should they be held to higher standards?
You can use any of the above paper topics for free. You can also modify them as you deem appropriate to fit an idea you are really passionate about. You should also look into downloading college paper examples from the web. We recommend you stick to those written by professionals and with plenty of experience with the application process.